Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Rollercoaster ride...

If you're a writer, you know what I mean. Even if you aren't a writer, you probably understand. I'm not talking about the actual ride, but the lows and highs of a writer's confidence. It's a normal thing... and if you happen to be someone who doesn't have to worry about this I'm envious... but at the same time, I'm not sure I'd want that confidence all the time.

Because during the lows, that's when a writer learns. And learning as in everything, is something that is important. I know that when I'm sitting there and am not to confident about my ability, it's in these periods that I scope out the writing threads... and the agent/editor blogs. It's not a good feeling, to feel as though your writing is falling apart but it's something that every writer must and does go through. As hard as it is.

But it forces you to learn, to push through it all with determination.

There are no original ideas anymore but it still sucks and it can be quite disappointing when you see similar ideas all around that you thought you'd made up or whatever. But it's whether you push through it, whether you ignore that little voice in your head that says to change things and rewrite, that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment