Conference time is coming up. Despite all that's going on with the RWA, I can't help but be excited to go to DC and meet the others. It'll be the second time I've gone to the US so it'll be a great experience, not just because I'll be pitching to the Harlequin Mira line. But, there's only... approx 2 weeks left and I have a lot to get done by that point. So this week, I've decided to list the 13 things left I have to do before I go off to the conference.
1. 3 synopsi for work. I don't know if I'll get them done, but I need to. Especially when I have one author meeting lined up right after I return.
2. Synopsize Fatal Visions.
3. Make the first 3 chapts sparkle, because you never know what may happen and I want to be prepared for any scenario.
4. Write and practice my pitch. I'm going to be a bundle of nerves. *sigh*
5. Buy a dress and skirts and shoes... and... yeah... this is going to need a whole new wardrobe LOL. Unfortunately I haven't found anything yet that works or looks ok.
6. Get my hair done. I want to cut my hair shoulder length and highlight/lowlight it. Right now, my hair is almost midback... and I figure it'll be way too hot come July to have that much hair.
7. Pack. I have to figure out how to pack everything I'll need, but still have enough room to bring back books and stuff cause um yeah...
8. Make sure hedgie has everything she needs to have a sleepover.
9. Set up my dvr to tape my shows...such as Merlin.
10. Bake some treats for the trip! I'm thinking some muffins for morning... and cookies and whatnot.
11. Need to buy something that cannot be specified to bring down.
12. Remember to bring business cards.
13. Exchange contact info, just in case, cause I know I'll get lost at some point that week. LOL
Anything I'm missing? Any tips on going to conference, being in DC... etc?