Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why I Write Paranormal

So the paranormal... well what does that mean? Coined ca. 1915-1920, the paranormal are the experiences that don't fall under range of normal or cannot be explained by science. Many things can fall under the range of paranormal, particularly: ghosts and cryptids (a creature or plant unrecognized by a scientifically such as vampires, werewolves, Bigfoot, etc). There are many shows I watch, so many I've become hooked on (in no particular order):

1. Paranormal State
2. Psychic Kids
3. Fact or Faked Paranormal Files
4. Destination Truth
5. In the past: Animal X

And many more. These are just some shows I enjoy watching that explore the unexplained. Really, we're just skimming what can be described as paranormal. There's so much out there we don't know about, so many things that maybe we don't even want to acknowledge. There are those who close their mind to it all and refuse to even give the possibilities a chance.

It's these possibilities that I love. The unknown. The 'what-if' factor. And it's why I write paranormal/urban fantasy. There's nothing wrong with contemporaries but I love the extra wow factor the supernatural can add. Historical romance with paranormal aspects, yes please! There aren't too many of these that I know about but I would love to hear about them.

Do you like the paranormal? Why or why not? What about it pulls you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment