Saturday, October 15, 2011

Six Sentence Sundays

If there's something I have the most trouble writing, it's action scenes. My books are full of them. They take me so long to write because I have a hard time picturing the scene in my head at times, or I just don't know how to get it on paper. There's too much moving around and details you need to know to write a good fight scene. Add psychic abilities and I get frustrated. lol.

And this time, she wasn’t alone. Stefan stared past the dead woman at the figures that approached, recognizing each one as his brother’s victims. As they shuffled toward him, he broke out in a sweat and without a plan of action, threw the energy that had balled into his hands at them. He had no other choice. He had to get away. Now.

For more Six Sentence Sunday, check out the official website.

12 comments:

  1. Very nice, Alexia.
    Will you hate me if I admit I like writing actioin scenes...? :?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's seeing ghosts or zombies or is it something else? Very intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you wouldn't know it from these six that you have a hard time writing action. Great job! Want to know what his brother did. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooky. I'm with you. I hate writing the action scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Action scenes are okay if you take it one thing at a time in exact chronological order. Then go back and cut it so it appears to be happening more quickly! Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your scene. I like psychic stories. Your website is very attractive, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tightly written and well-paced. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely intriguing - DEFINITELY my kind of story! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... I'm curious about the brother and why he has killed so many...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice tension. I see you're sequel-writing. :)

    ReplyDelete