Sunday, November 15, 2009

A confession...

One thing about life is that you have to expect the unexpected. You have to expect that things aren't going to happen as you want them to and that you'll run up against roadblocks. I have faced one of these hurdles and instead of leaping with the agility of a gymnast, I've landed on my face.

You see, my wordcount for Nanowrimo has dropped. You may have remembered my deluded determination to write 100k. I've conceded that I may have been a bit foolish thinking I could. It's good to be determined but life happens.

50k, will be written but not 100k. I'm already at 27k, so a bit past half done but 100k will not be in the cards. I haven't given up, but I'm no where near where I need to be. High hopes clashed with reality and I was spun around. Delusions happen and I'm not quite sure what I was thinking. I wanted to push myself past my limits but at this point in time, I've realized that it just doesn't always work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment