Sunday, September 18, 2011

Six Sentence Sundays


This bit of muse crack inspired a particular scene of mine in BOOK1 (title to change) where the heroine and hero are having a conversation about the hero's favourite memory. For me, it's a touching scene, one that reminds the reader that J.C. can feel and be vulnerable.

J.C. was silent a moment. “It was beautiful. I don’t recall the reason we went, just that we ended up on this wooden platform, high up into the trees. It was so black you had to watch your step. The mountains aren’t exactly all that safe to walk through in the dark. We had our flashlights and that was all.”

2 comments:

  1. Interesting six. I'm anxious to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, though I did get caught on the word 'black' because it would either be in reference to the forrest, or to the lack of light. I wouldn't mind if that was a touch clearer :)

    ReplyDelete